You might think you have a great brand, but it won’t work without a strong social media plan. The two go hand in hand and that’s that!
But, for some of us, social media is the biggest challenge when it comes to gaining traction in the marketplace.
This is because it’s something you must own, and it takes time and imagination. No half-measures or empty promises. You simply have to do it.
Let’s be honest. Many of us just aren’t very good at social media. We shy away from getting up close and personal.
We really don’t want our business day being constantly interrupted by who’s saying what on X (formerly known as Twitter) or who’s doing what on Instagram.
We’d much rather talk to people about our business face to face. Or pick up the phone or send an email.
But the undeniable truth is that we ignore social media at our peril. It’s here to stay for now and these are some compelling facts you should know. Charity Digital – Topics – Social media facts you need to know in 2024
So roll your sleeves up and get on with it. You might just start enjoying it!
If you stay committed, you will make a success of your social media and your brand will thrive.
Step-by-step guide on how to create your plan
- Make sure your social media profile is in line with your brand’s DNA. It needs to look, sound, and feel like your brand.
- Identify your target audience and which social media channels work best for them. If they hang out on TikTok, then that’s where you need to be.
- Know what your goals are and how you’re going to achieve them. This is where you might need some advice from a social media expert.
- Start telling your brand story in an honest and authentic way. How your company and its services and products help people in their day-to-day lives. Short videos are a great way to do this.
- Make sure you’re having a conversation. Don’t showboat. Listen and learn from everyone who connects with your brand. Ask for people’s feedback and act on it. Be real and do what you say.
- Build a content calendar and commit the right amount of time to your social media activity. It can’t be hit and miss.
Two rules you should never break
- One third of your posts should promote your business, one third should be shared content from industry thought leaders and one third should involve personal interaction with your followers
- 80% of your posts should inform educate or entertain and 20% should promote your business
The perfect social media post
Videos, images, GIFs and memes, text-based news updates, audio clips, ‘how-to’ guides are some of the types of social media content.
But we’ll leave it to the social media experts for advice on how to write a great post. Here you go:
And don’t forget, where there’s Hope Creative, there’s always hope. If you want some guidance from people you trust, we’re always here for you. Check us out on our socials or contact us in the usual ways.